2007/06/04

Skye I

The Isle of Skye is amazing. I am writing this hurriedly in a small white cottage that is post office, B&B, internet cafe, and restaurant all in one. The train ride up here was equall breathtaking.

I made haggis! Marg & Ian, bless their amazing hospitality, said if I had staid another night in Spean Bridge they would have made haggis for me. Instead she gave me the recipe, the ingredients, and some tips and so last night I made haggis & neeps casserole. It was delicious - the hostel keeper and some American climbers from VT I met thought so too.

Must catch a bus to Sligachan now!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

What is haggis made with anyway? Heard it's chopped up brains, liver, intestines, and other entrails.....at least according to 'Johnny Bravo'! Ha ha.
Was researching Norway and the Norwegians and came across your blog.
You're travelling Europe! Wow! I've always wanted to do that. Maybe after medical school,in like forever! Ha ha.
Noticed the last write up was in 2007, you probably don't use this site anymore.
Just thought I'd say thanks for the insight into life in Norway!
Happy New Year!