2007/06/01

Scotland III

The concert last night was amazing, they finished it off with Pomp and Circumstance No. 4, my favourite piece by Edgar. The venue was quite interesting too, like so much of Glasgow it was an homage to Victorian splendour and quirks: a small palace in the middle of a park, whose back half consists of a tropical garden enclosed by a traditional style greenhouse. I parted ways with my bunkmates this morning, two energetic American girls from Washington State, and did laundry before heading up to Spean Bridge.

Now I am enjoying some home cooked meals, hospitality, and local advice; avoid Cardiff, head to Glen-something on the isle of Skye, and take rain trousers when hiking in the Scottish mountains. I love this country!

Pictures will have to wait, alas, as time is afoot. Tommorrow I go hiking with Marg (mother of Steven, Scottish Fantoft friend) with her hill-walking club. The mountains and lochs here are just what I need to unwind after a long semester and a crazy last month in Norway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Nice to see you blogging! Well when I am no longer busy I will try to make a design for you blog.