2007/05/30

Scotland I

Scotland has so far been amazing! Edinburgh would be a great city to live in, especially if you could get a room at the end of the Royal Mile in Edinburgh castle :) Two more pluses: the achitecture is stony and the center is compact. I have seen a glimpse of the highlands - whither I am soon headed - and have already been on Loch Ness. No monster, but the peat-black water surrounded by highland hills make for an impressive enough sight on their own.

Now I am in Glasgow, a less fairy-tale like city. Plans for tomorrow include escaping this internet cafe and heading to the Glasgow Necropolis, St. Mungo's museum of religious life, and the Gallery of Modern art. Why these three places? They sound interesting and they're all free. Thank you mom for "Lonely Planet: Europe on a Shoestring". A gem of a traveller's book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad!

Finally we can follow all your adventures again :-) Have fun with your Europe-trip and see you in the Netherlands (again)!

'Groetjes' Jantine

PS. Nice Norwegian sweater!

Anonymous said...

Hai Brad!

Jantine sent me this link! Really lovely pictures and it is great to see that you are having a good time in Europe! Have even more fun and I am looking forward to reading some more messages!

Greetingz,
Jolanda

Jannic said...

Heh. First to make commentary.

Isn't Edinburgh awesome? Very literary and small and self-contained and neat. But in an off-KILTer (ohoho) and very enjoyable sort of way.

I know much less about Northern Europe...I'll try to kibitz more usefully when you get to sunnier and more spicy climes. Try to remember the abortive salsa lessons from Costa Rica, they will attract - how you say - the weemen, like the honee to the bee, si, senor?

Man. 2 Months of Freedom. Those of us who have to work for a living, sonny Jim, who fought and died so that your generation could flounce about Europe like so many maiden aunties, sight-seeing and buying commemorative snowglobes - you SICKEN me sir. It's only for long-haired ruffians like yourself that Freedom remains Free.

(Read: Damn you Wage Slavery.)

(BTW - Off Topic: STARCRAFT II. O - M - G. Zerglings can turn into infested Terran-like 'Bioling Bombs'! 'Toss have Dragoons that can teleport! Marines have Terrain-ignoring Jump-Jet equipped shock infantry! And MOTHERSHIP UNITS WHICH STOP TIME AND CREATE BLACK HOLES. I don't know if this can go without a trip back to channel 'catz'...)

ANYway, tell me if you get back to civilization before School Strikes.

Careful among them English,
DBW

Bradley said...

-Dave! Good to hear from you. The envy is a common sentiment. I regret only that you seem to be so much better informed about SC2 than I am!
-Dutch girls: thanks for forwarding the link Jantine, I always forget a lot of people. I will probably be in the Netherlands in a couple of weeks - expect an e-mail or three soon!